WIMS’14: 4th International Conference on Web Intelligence, Mining and Semantics
Thessaloniki, Greece, 2-4 June 2014 – http://wims14.csd.auth.gr/
The World Wide Web has revolutionized the way we gather, process, and use information. It has also re-defined the semantics and processes of businesses and other aspects of our daily life. WIMS’14 is focused on intelligent approaches to transforming the Web into a global reasoning and semantics-driven computing machine.
The goal of this track is to provide opportunities for researchers, innovators, industry leaders, and practitioners to present and exchange ideas, results, and experiences in the applications of Web Intelligence, Mining, and Semantics (WIMS).
The Application & Case Studies Track invites submissions describing implementations of Web Intelligence, Mining, and Semantics in industrial or government or other ‘real world’ settings. Papers must include descriptions of how the applications have been conceived, developed, and (probably) deployed.
1. Case Studies
The papers in this category describe case studies of deployed applications, lessons learnt, and examples of measurable benefits.
- Case studies of deployed applications, including lessons learnt and examples of measurable benefits.
- Reports of successful technology transfer to new problem domains, and lessons learnt.
Page Limit: 12 ACM pages
The papers in this category include:
- Reports of innovative applications of WIMS in areas of industry and government.
- Reports of industrial experience and demonstrations of innovative systems.
- Emerging application papers bridging the gap between basic WIMS research and deployed applications.
- Challenge problem papers describing challenges to applying Web intelligence, mining, and semantics to real-world problems, in terms of applying existing WIMS technologies to new tasks, or new technologies needed for new tasks.
Paper Limit: 6 ACM pages
Submission Procedure – via EasyChair
The papers must be written in English and formatted according to the ACM instructions and style files. Submissions should be made electronically in PDF or DOC/DOCX (MS/Open Word) format via the electronic submission system of the WIMS’14 Conference Management system:
Please note that after logging into EasyChair WIMS’14, Applications & Case Studies Track has to be chosen to submit a paper in response to this call.
All accepted papers/posters will be published in the conference proceedings. At least one author of any accepted article (paper, poster, abstract) is required to register at the full registration rate.
Please check the Important Dates page for the important dates of the “Application and Case Study Papers” call.